Here is a quick run down of how the Whole Life Challenge works:(starts 2nd May)
1. Join our team
2. Select the nutrition level that you will play at in the Whole Life Challenge. The Performance level is the strictest level, the Lifestyle level is a good choice if you are looking for a long-term lifestyle nutrition program, the Kick Start level is for people who are just getting started and want to make just a few of the most important changes to their diet. Click here to download the Nutrition Level Comparison Chart. Pick something that is achievable, everyone always starts with the best intentions but if you can’t stick to it, you won’t get results!
3. Take your Preliminary WLC Measurements (Saturday 2nd May 2015), which includes:
(1) Complete initial workout so we can see how much you have improved during the following 8 weeks;
(2) Basic body measurements, which can be either your weight, your body fat percentage, or the girth measurements of your waist and hips in inches or centimetres; and
(3) Before photos taken for your own personal records. Record the results in the “My Profile” tab under the “Snapshot” and “Before and After” sections.
4. Play the game! This means:
- Eat WLC-compliant food
- Exercise for 10 minutes a day
- Stretch for 10 minutes a day
- Drink 1/3 of your bodyweight in ounces of water each day (20 ml per kg of bodyweight)
- Take a dietary supplement of your choice (like fish oil, Vitamin D, or probiotics, a multivitamin, etc) If you need help with this ask Jesse or Pete.
- Incorporate the week’s “lifestyle habit” into your day
- Reflect each day on your progress
5. Use the Daily Play Tab to record your score every day in each of the following daily habits:
- Nutrition—You start the day with 5 points and lose a point each time you eat food that is not compliant with the Whole Life Challenge rules at your level. Click HERE to for a complete list of what is allowed and prohibited in each of the 3 nutrition levels of the Whole Life Challenge.
- Exercise—You earn 2 points each day for exercising for at least 10 minutes.
- Stretching—You earn 2 points each day for 10 minutes of stretching.
- Water—You earn 1 point each day for drinking 1/3 of your bodyweight in ounces in water.
- Supplement—You earn 1 point each day for taking a dietary supplement.
- Lifestyle—You earn 1 point each day for incorporating the weekly Lifestyle habit into your day.
- Reflection—You earn 1 point each day for writing a short recap of how the Challenge is going, what you’ve noticed, what you’re learning or what you’re going to change.
**Note: The Reflection Feed is the heart and soul of the game. Be sure to respond to your teammates’ reflections, offer support, empathize, and check-in with them regularly.
6. Enter your score each day anytime after 8 p.m. or by 11:59 p.m. of the following night. If you fail to enter your score by 11:59 the following night, your score automatically will be recorded as a 0.
7. MULLIGANS – If you forget to record your score in time, you can enter your missed score by using a “mulligan.” If you join at the Kick Start level, you will have 3 mulligans during the course of the Challenge. You have 2 mulligans at the Lifestyle level, and 1 at the Performance level.
8. BONUS POINTS
(a) Indulgence Tokens – earn two tokens by losing 3 or fewer nutrition points in any consecutive 7-day period. That means you will need to earn 32/35 nutrition points in the 7-day period to earn the indulgence tokens. Each indulgence token is worth 1 food point and will be applied to your nutrition score if you enter fewer than 5 points for nutrition in your daily score.(b) Rest Day Tokens – earn one token by exercising for 10 consecutive days. This token will be applied to your exercise score when you must enter a “no” in Exercise in your daily score.(c) Free Day Tokens – earn one free day token by losing no more than 3 points over a 21-day span. Your use of other bonus tokens will not hurt your ability to earn the free day token. This means you can lose more than 3 points in the nutrition and exercise categories over the streak period, but you must have available bonus tokens to immediately make up for the losses. The free day token is elective. It will never automatically be applied. You can choose to use this token at any time once you earn it but clicking on it rather than entering your score. This token will be applied to all categories, giving you a perfect score, including your reflection, for the day.
9. Take your Final WLC Measurements, which includes:
(1) The same workout you did during your before measurements; (2) The same basic body measurements you took during your Before measurements (3) After photos taken for your own personal records.
10. The winner is the player with the lowest combined ranking based on the combination of three weighted rankings:
- Total Daily Points—This will account for 50% of your final ranking.
- Workout Improvement—This will be determined by your percentage improvement in the time or score of your WLC Before and Afterworkout. This will account for 25% of your final ranking.
- Measurement Improvement—This will be determined by your percentage improvement over the initial measurements of your chosen WLC Before and After Measurements. This will account for 25% of your final ranking.
If you have any questions about how to sign up or more information about the challenge, let us know. Click here